My Supports

 



"No man is an Island," the saying goes. 

Therefore surrounding ourselves with family and friends for support and comfort in both times of joy and distress is very important. For me, the core of my support lies in the supportive relationship I have with my husband and children. They are a strong protective factor against those challenges of life we as humans encounter daily. My husband has been my source of inspiration, comfort, and well-being. He constantly strives to create an environment where the kids and I can strive and function optimally. Honestly, I wouldn't be in this program if it were not for him; he does not just push. He does whatever he can to get me going. His commitment is outstanding. I remembered there were difficult moments during my undergraduate, I felt like giving up. He would cheer me up and did whatever he could to get me to the finishing line. We are so connected that, to an outsider, we some fraternal twins; we are so interconnected that we do almost everything together.

It is well established that humans thrive when they are connected or interact with others. My family and friends are my support pillars in bad times and good times. The environment through positive interaction fosters wellness and goodness. I have an exceptional friend, Gladys. At the end of each day, we unwind on the phone together, chit-chatting about the day; rewardingly very therapeutic. So, having a solid network of supportive family and friends is beneficial to our well-being. 

 Without these special people in my life, especially my husband, I must confess I would have missed many things life has to offer.

The love within my family is infectious, Like every family, we have our problems, but we do not allow such differences to get in the way of supporting each other for the greater good of the family. Being able to give love and receive love is foundational to every family and, through individuals, extends to society.

In my family environment, the notion of seeing every challenge as an opportunity is key.  I am somehow a pessimist, but my husband is a die-hard optimistic individual. He has this tenacity of a hard-to-match bulldog; he must have gotten it from his dad.  So he has created an environment of "can-do" with a positive outlook within the family. This has helped me in my developmental milestones, even as an adult. My husband is a timekeeper or time manager like his dad. He believes time needs to be well managed and maximally used if one must have a successful outcome. The lesson here has made me a better manager of my time for success.  

I am the product of my environment. It made me more resolute and focused in the pursuit of my set goals and aspiration. I extend to my student the love I receive because you can not give what you don't have, and you can have what you don't give. As an early childhood professional, the environment of love at home has taught me the importance of love as a weapon that breaks barriers.

No man is an Island, so true and profound - everyone needs companionship and a reliable source of support to lean on now and then. It is vital to encircle ourselves with family and friends whose support and comfort are essential in both times of joy and distress. 


Comments

  1. I love how close you are with your family. Through your writing I hear how loving and supporting your are to each other. I also believe the love that is shown at home helps us intern show love and support to children and families at school.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Whole-child Approach In Education

Perspective on Diversity and Culture

Equity in Early Childhood Systems—A Closer Look