Time Well Spent

 




           As we come to the end of the program, I realize that I have learned so much in the program that I am now a better educator in teaching diversity. This is true, time well spent!

           Through this program, I have learned that developing effective and positive working relationships with children and families is essential to being successful with children and family members. As an ECE, building and developing a good relationship with parents is crucial. I can gain support and guidance through effective relationships with parents and gain their confidence and overall support necessary for each success.

        Also, through this program, I have understood that my professional obligation is to promote diversity by teaching about different cultures, values, beliefs, and expectations. In addition, I can enhance children's experiences through family involvement.

        I also believe that all children need the opportunity to make their own choices, even the choice to 

participate in learning. With this in mind, planning activities to keep the children engaged is greatly important to me.

        As a teacher and lifelong learner, I seek to continue to enrich my knowledge and practice by attending Professional Development sessions and conferences. I will also keep myself up to date with current research and findings, join support groups to network with other educators and advocacy groups, and conduct professional conversations with more experts in ECE for expansion and extension of my knowledge and continue my willingness and positive attitude to learn and improve my teaching practice. I also plan to return to school for my Ph.D. program in organizational leadership.

        As we end this journey, I want to thank everyone who has made the journey possible. From the bottom of my heart, I want to appreciate every classmate who, over the years, has been my source of inspiration and strength through the discussion board and blog posts- Jennifer, Mechu, Amy, and the list is endless. You guys are the best. Thank God we have all made it to the finishing line, and I hope as we enter or open the next face of our professional lives, whatever we have learned in this program will always serve as a reference point. Finally, kudos to all my instructors, Dr. Parrish. You are the best! Thank you for expertly guiding us through. Truly appreciate all you do. Keep up the excellent work.

      Let us all remember, "Life is short, and we have never too much time for gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us. Oh, be swift to love, make haste to be kind."-Henri Frederic Amiel.
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Whole-child Approach In Education

Perspective on Diversity and Culture

Equity in Early Childhood Systems—A Closer Look